Thursday 22 September 2011

Go Better? Better go somewhere else...

So Mel's Barina was in for a 30,000 km service the other day. Just recently (in the last few weeks) it has started leaking a bit of oil from near the radiator I think. It has left some oil stains on the concrete. It's not cooling fluid, it is oil.

The car is only 2 years old this month. 2009 Barina. 30,000 kms.

So into Heartland Holden in Parramatta - we had to take it back there because that's where we (stupidly) bought it so they "include" an extra 3 year warranty if we get it serviced there. I think they actually charge you for the extended warranty but just include it in the price.

The car was a bad deal in the first place. The guy didn't tell us that they were about to release the promotion where you get a Barina with free sunroof the following week at a lower cost as well. We got the last of the normal ones at a shit price.

So anyway... I put it in for a service and tell the guy "It has an oil leak". He writes it on the form and away I go. I get a phone call saying "It needs new brake pads and rotors" New rotors after 30,000 kms? It doesn't get driven hard. It shouldn't need new rotors. And $500! Just for the front.

So anyway after getting stung I thought at least they would fix the leak. Nope. Still leaking oil. Oh and another $400 for the 30K service.

I'm going to take it to a different holden dealer for a second opinion and make them put it up on the hoist so I can have a look.

Depending on how that goes I don't think I will ever go back to Heartland and it has left a really sour taste in my mouth about Holden overall. I was considering buying one of those new Holden Cruze sri-v 's as well. Australian made, turbo 1.4, fuel efficient and lots of toys.

I went to one dealer and drove one and he said "I haven't got any in stock, but you can order one and have it by the end of the year..." I was thinking about it and deciding if I could live with the tremendous turbo lag, until I went to take Mel's car in for a service and saw one (exactly the spec that I was after) sitting in the showroom.

So rather than the other dealer (not Heartland) say "I can have a look at other dealers for you" they just said "We haven't got any until the end of the year". What he should have said is "This dealership has sold its allocation. You should phone another dealership and see if they have any in stock".

Shit service. Shit sales. I'm going to buy something else and will never buy another Holden.

Anyone want to buy a Barina? Still a year to go on the new car warranty.... apparently.

No comments: